Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wish list...

Many of you have asked how else you can help with what we're doing. (As if dedicating your time and skill isn't enough!!) Or you know someone who doesn't knit, but they want to help the cause....

To be honest, I've been able to handle most of the "this and that" and administrative kinds of expenses, at least so far.


I'm sitting OK on office supplies and most of the miscellaneous expenses aren't so extravagant that I can't handle it, at least not yet. (And Rebekah & Tracy have been kind enough to burn & donate CD's and mail letters for me.) Now if we get some responses to our flyer's and we end up with 50 or 100 knitters.... I may be asking for help :)


I'm so grateful at all of your contributions that you do already with your knitting , I really don't want to ask for anything, or charge any sort of "dues" for our "Charity Knitting Club"


But I was asked to post a "wish list" of items that are needed at any given time, so I agreed to do that.



But let me preface this with "Please don't feel obligated" and "I really do appreciate all that you're doing already" so if you want to donate something on this list, that's wonderful, but if you don't or can't, it's OK because I'm so thrilled to have your participation that if you're willing to continue to knit...then I'm willing to do the "odds n ends" stuff.....



We can always use......
  • Ziploc bags, all sizes. (Since we never know how soon an organization will be using what we're giving them, I want each item to be individually safe in a Ziploc bag to ensure that it won't be damaged before it's given)

  • Stamps (I'm always sending letters to companies asking for donations so stamps are always needed)

  • CD's. (So far I've only made you 1 CD with patterns but as our projects continue, this CD will grow. I plan to give each of you a new CD at the start of each project)

  • Staples gift card. I buy any office / administrative supplies we need at Staples

No comments:

Post a Comment