Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Preemie Caps....

So I was a little nervous when one local hospital told me "we have preemie caps coming out of our ears, can you make something up for the dads"

Tracy found a "Can Cooley" pattern so we did whip up a few of these to be delivered on Friday.

However Angela at Memorial Medical Center is THRILLED that I contacted her and she would be happy to find lotsa teeny heads for our Preemie caps!!!! I gave out some patterns at the meeting so if you need patterns, email me and I"ll be sure to hook you up!!

I also have a few skeins of donated baby yarn left, so if you need some, let me know.

When purchasing baby yarn please be mindful of the following...
  • Yarn CANNOT be made of animal fibers. There is no way to know what babies this age may be allergic to
  • Ideally it should be acrylic so it can stand up to washing & drying (Even cotton isn't a great choice because although washable, it may change shape if dried in the dryer)
  • You can usually spot the "baby appropriate" yarn as it has a baby on the label

So now that Summer is almost here, I know that there's not a lot of time for knitting (unless of course your Nancy who has already cranked out 30 of these while driving through the wine country!!! You go Girl!!!) I can tell you they knit up VERY quickly, and it's a very portable project so it's great to do while at the doctor's office, on a lunch break, or waiting for a friend.

So far I have 2 done.....

Keep in touch and let me know how it's going!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment